D74g0n's Archive

10.06.2013

d74g0n Resource Packs


So I am currently getting into making custom Animated textures for resource packs... been having fun with that all day... Although the process can be a bit lengthy indeed!




So I ended up using Adobe After Effects to do the animating part, then render it out to a PNG sequence for Photoshop.  But THEN the pain in the ass begins...  It took me a few times to get the process right, but the breakthrough came when I placed all the PNG's into a photoshop canvas 256w x 6144h (for 24tiles/frames)
by highlighting the entire directory/sequence then dropping them on the canvas.

At that point Adobe went through a placing each image process, where i could use the numerical x,y and scale % at the top to ensure correct placement.  (with aid of a calculator, x=0 always if you set the anchor point to top left.. otherwise x=128 with 256p textures then y=0,256,512... incrementally)

Once I figured out the above method, I cut the time down substantially.  I hope whoever needed this information found it on this obscure blog post! xD

I will make a video and forum post for these Resource Packs once they are Finalized.
make sure to check my youtube to stay upto date on what im producing!


No comments: